What is a cookie?
A cookie (hereinafter a “Cookie”) or tracer is a general term for a text file saved in dedicated space on the devices’ hard drive (for example computer, tablet, smartphone, etc., hereinafter the “Terminal”) when you view content or online advertising. This Cookie file allows its issuers to identify the device on which it is stored for as long as the Cookie is valid or stored, that means 13 months maximum. Therefore, Cookies do not identify you directly.
Information about your browsing on our Website are saved in the “Cookies” files installed on your Terminal and allow us to track your activity and to recall information, such as user preferences or information that the user previously entered in forms.
Notice about cookies on our website
Cookies used on our website.
We are likely to install various types of Cookies when you connect to our Website:
Technical Cookies, which notably allow to:
- adjust the Website’s display to your Terminal’s display preferences (for example language used, display resolution or exploitation system used) when you visit our Website, depending on the materials and viewing software or player software your Terminal contains;
- implement security measures, for instance when you are asked to sign in again to a piece of content or service after a certain amount of time;
- give you access to reserved and personal areas of our Website, such as your account, thanks to IDs and data that you may have given us previously;
- store information about a form that you have filled in on our Website (account registration or access) or to Products, services or information that you have chosen on our Website (service subscribed, the content of an order basket).
Audience measurements Cookies that allow to:
- obtain visitor statistics and volumes and use of the various components of the Website (sections and contents visited, journeys) to help ATTEMPT improve the interest of its services as well as their user-friendliness;
Advertising Cookies that allow us to:
- associate the personal data you have provided us with (including your electronic contact information, during your registration, your order or your access to one of our services), with browsing information, in order to, for instance, send you electronic marketing messages or display on your Terminal, within advertising spaces that we publish, personalised advertisements that are specifically intended for you;
Payment security Cookies that allow us to:
- help fight against online fraud (payment fraud, identity theft, etc.). In this respect, subject to your rights, ATTEMPT or service providers acting on its behalf, may store trackers to collect information about the Terminal used to place the order (including the operating system used, the location of the machine, whether or not a proxy was used, etc.). These "fingerprint" trackers associated with your order data are used to confirm your order, the payment method used and your delivery method.
Your browsing data is linked to your profile regardless of the Terminal used thanks to Cookie exchange technology, so that your journey can be tracked regardless of the Terminal used.
Social media Cookies, which allow: